New York City Car Accident Lawyers
Dreyer Law Offices, PLLC Fights for Newburgh Car Crash Victims
At Dreyer Law Offices, PLLC, we are committed to helping you recover maximum compensation for the injuries you have suffered in a car accident. We have extensive experience in auto accident claims, including cases involving catastrophic injuries and wrongful death.
Our Newburgh car accident lawyers work tirelessly on our clients' behalf to build a strong case. We meticulously manage each case to obtain a proper resolution for each of our clients—whether by settlement or trial. You can count on our team to seek damages from every available source in an effort to maximize your recovery.
Injured in an auto accident? Seek financial compensation for your suffering. Get a free evaluation of your car wreck by calling (845) 208-8512.
Steps to take After a Car Accident
If you have been involved in a car wreck in New York, there are a number of steps that our Newburgh car accident attorneys recommend to ensure your safety and to prevent any additional harm or injury:
- Get immediate medical attention if necessary
- Take pictures of the scene of the accident
- Exchange information with the other party
- Document any injuries or damages
- Talk to a Newburgh car crash lawyer before speaking with insurance companies
When you retain our counsel, we handle the investigation process for you. We work with experts to develop a strong claim, reviewing the scene of the accident, interviewing any eyewitnesses, and coordinate with doctors to get the full picture of your damages. Our goal is to maximize your financial recovery so you can move forward following your car accident.
New York State Car Accident Laws
Car accidents are traumatic experiences, regardless of the level of injury that is involved. Proving fault can vary greatly based on the details of the accident, but there are certain guidelines that can be used when attempting to prove fault in a New York car accident.
- The statute of limitations is a time limit in which an individual can file a claim from the date of their accident. In New York state, the statute of limitations for filing personal injury claims is two years.
- New York is a no-fault state, which means that insurance companies are required to reimburse the insured parties, regardless of who was at fault during the accident.
- The standard of proof is different in civil court than it is in a criminal case. Instead of having to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt as with a criminal case, civil court cases are decided by a preponderance of evidence.
- In car accidents where criminal activities such as drunk driving are believed to have occurred, the district attorney's office may choose to pursue criminal charges.
- Families of the victims of fatal accidents may also choose to pursue civil action against a drunk or negligent driver via a wrongful death claim. Civil actions don't result in jail time, but rather in monetary compensation from the driver who caused the accident or from his or her insurance company.
Hear It From Our Satisfied Clients
Experienced Negotiators & Trial Lawyers
Our Newburgh car accident attorneys offer more than 45 years of combined legal experience. Prior to joining our firm, Attorney Darryl J. Dreyer began his career as an assistant district attorney for Orange County. The trial and negotiation experience he gained in his capacity as a prosecutor is invaluable in complex personal injury claims. Attorney Sarah R. Dreyer has been handling personal injury claims for several decades, and she has extensive experience in car accident claims.
To schedule a free consultation with a Newburgh car wreck lawyer at our office, call (845) 208-8512. We can come directly to you!